To keep pace with rapidly changing technology and global market needs, Department of Computer Science was set up in 2004 at Guru Nanak College Budhlada. The Department of Computer Science has been leading the region with strength of approximately 600 students and a wide range of courses including skill development and add-on programmes besides various postgraduate, undergraduate and diploma courses. It is committed to provide excellent teaching and learning environment to students by providing them highly sophisticated infrastructure as well as well qualified and experienced faculty. The Department has five computer labs equipped with 200 computers, open source and other significant software. The department provides Wi-Fi connectivity throughout the campus. Smart classrooms further facilitate the teaching-learning process. The department not only imparts quality education in the field of Computer Science but also grooms students for higher caliber, skills, integrity and future career planning.
OBJECTIVES OF THE COMPUTER DEPARTMENT
- To provide an in depth knowledge of Computer Science and IT courses by experienced faculty.
- To channelize technical and managerial skills of the students by organizing workshops, seminars and competitions.
- To bridge the gap between the formal computer education and requirement of the industry.
- To provide the latest technology equipment to the students.
- To enrich students with teamwork skills.
- To identify and nurture talent and skills of students by providing them opportunities and facilities to develop their skills.