Guru Nanak College, affiliated to Punjabi University, Patiala (listed in 12(b) & 2(f) sections of UGC Act 1956) is situated on the outskirts of Budhlada city - a small town of district Mansa in Punjab. To tribute the 500th birth anniversary of "Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji", it was started in 1971 by some eminent personalities of the region to keep in mind the noble cause of making affordable education accessible to all the people of this backward, rural and remote area. In the beginning, it was functioning under the local management but later on handed over to SGPC (Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee, Sri Amritsar Sahib), an apex and philanthropic body of the Sikhs committed to serving humanity, on 09 November 1994 due to meager financial resources and some other executive problems.
It was followed by some significant reforms in both college functioning and infrastructure. The growth of the college has been at a phenomenal pace since 2008 with a radical adjustment in a number of courses, faculty, infrastructure and other teaching learning resources. At present, it has become the foremost organisation in the area, having 16 PG and 12 UG courses (including 03 skill-development vocational and industry oriented courses), 151 faculty members, 4446 students (2042 girls and 2404 boys) with state-of-the-art infrastructure and technology to provide quality education.