About Research @ GNC
Research is the back bone of academics. The institute has a dedicated Research Committee which aims at nurturing research culture in the College by promoting research activities. The institution has initiated many measures in promoting research activities and created an ecosystem for innovation through centers like Research and information Center established as a part of main library, Incubation Center facilities, Research Fields, etc. It encourages the faculty and also the students to undertake the research in newly emerging frontier areas of Sciences, Commerce and Humanities. This is promoted through enhancing the general research capability by way of participating in conferences, seminars, workshops, minor projects, etc.
- To motivate faculty to take research initiatives in respective departments.
- To provide adequate infrastructure and support in terms of technology and information needs.
- To obtain information on faculty involvement in guiding students for major/minor projects.
- Arranging guest lecturers to promote research on industry needs.
- Modernizing the existing laboratories with additional experimental set ups/ instruments and technology for utilizing the labs for research activity,
- Sponsoring faculty and students to present papers at National /International conferences as per the stipulated guidelines of the institute.
- To provide information about various funding agencies, method of applying for projects etc.
- To create awareness about filing Patents & IPR
Efforts made by the institution in developing scientific temper and research culture and aptitude
- The College has established a college research committee, Research and information Center in library, research lab, incubation centers in various departments to promote research and consultancy activity in the campus.
- Guest lectures by eminent researchers, academicians and industrialists are arranged to create awareness and interest among the students and faculty on research.
- It also provides information about various funding agencies, method of applying for projects etc.
- Providing infrastructure facilities, space for department research centers, procurement of equipment and software.
- Enhancing the existing labs with research oriented equipment and establishing research labs.
- The Ph.D. students are guided and encouraged to present papers in the seminars and conferences.