Anti-Sexual Harassment Grievance
As our Guru Nanak College is dedicated to imparting value based quality education to students and to provide safe and secure environment which is free of violence and harassment, therefore, an Anti-Sexual Harassment Cell has been established as per the guidelines issued by UGC, NAAC and Supreme Court. This cell is committed to prevent sexual harassment and abuse and also to provide a healthy and compatible environment for all staff members and students of the college. The cell has well developed the objectives of sexual harassment to uphold the zero tolerance policy regarding sexual harassment so that every staff member and student feels safe, happy and supported. In order to achieving gender equality and to prevent sexual harassment various activities like guest lecture, webinar, seminars, awareness campaigns, orientation programmes and poster making competitions are organized by the cell.
Meaning of Sexual Harassment:
Under the Act of 2013(Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal), the meaning of sexual harassment includes any one or more of the following unwelcome acts or behavior, weather directly or indirectly:
- Physical contact and advances
- A demand or request for sexual favours
- Making sexually coloured remarks
- Showing pornography
- Any other physical, verbal or non-verbal conduct of a sexual nature
Hence these acts of sexual harassment create an intimidating environment.
- To facilitate a safe, supportive and confidential environment for all staff members and in the college.
- To promote awareness about sexual harassment through various educational activities this creates safe and compatible campus environment.
- To ensure fair and empathetic support services to the victimized in a time bound manner.
- To take the strict action and relevant punitive action against the guilty or violators.
- Implementation of written complaint through proper procedure.
As per the "Vishaka Guidelines" issued by the Supreme Court of India in 1997 regarding sexual harassment at workplace and as per the circulars of University Grants Commission (UGC) issued since 1998 to all the universities to establish a permanent cell in order to develop guidelines to conflict sexual harassment, an Anti Sexual Harassment Cell has been established by the collegeto prevent sexual harassment and to provide a healthy environment for girls students of the college.
Following measures are taken by the cell to prevent any case of sexual harassment:
- CCTV cameras have been installed at the focal points.
- Separate canteen, lawn and common room have been earmarked for the girls.
- College provides transport facility to only Girls to give them safe commotion.
- Dedicated transport facility with CCTV surveillance is provided to female students.
- Security at the college entry gate and in the girls' hostel has been ensured.
- Every teacher is assigned proctorial duty to keep a close eye on the students.
- Awareness about the cell,it's guidelines and prevention is provided time to time.
Anti-Sexual Harassment Grievance Committee Memebers
Dr. Narinder Singh
Adv. Sunil Kumar Garg
Advocate, Judicial Court Complex, Budhlada
Additional Incharge CIA Staff, Ropar
Dr. Sandeep Kaur
Assistant Professor in Economics
Dr. Sukhwinder Kaur
Assistant Professor in History
Assistant Professor in Hindi
Tanya President, Association of Commerce & Management Department
Veerpal Kaur President, Association of History Department
Awareness Lecture on Sexual Harashment
Lecture on Effect of Sexual Assault on Health by Dr. Sukhleen Kaur
Webinar on Anti Sexual Harasshment Act